Sunday 10 February 2013

A Bird and A Chook


A bird flew a long way to meet up with a chook to cool her down.

They spent time chatting and cackling, and binding quilts for the "Caring with Quilts" project. Had some help from Jules and Yellow.




The Chook thought she was a koala and climbed the gum tree to hang our quilts.....

I was so pleased with this photo. So ... Australian  ...... Blue skies and gum trees.  Great idea Chooky.....






There's nothing like some photography with old farm implements.....Mine is the red quilt and Chooky's the other. 

I might add we were looking out for black snakes while we were doing this.........There had been a few around.......



 


I am sure this will be loved by someone.....


I have to thank Mr Chooky for fixing my flat tyre which I was lucky enough or unlucky enough to get ........... whichever way you look at it .......right at shed near the house....

I had a lovely, lovely weekend.


 Bird for now 

   Jen




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Jen on yur wonderful work,the quilts are great and how nice to spend time with chooky and glad you didnt come across any snakes.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

I think we were chirping and cackling........when you said a chook thought she was a koala and climbed the tree I thought maybe she did snap a pic............thank goodness you didn't.......glad you made it back home safe without a another flat tyre.............

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and testing the air con out in the shed today...........it's sitting in the window..........

Lorraine said...

Would have loved to see a pic of Chooky getting up that tree! Great pics and lovely quilts...I am sure they will be very much appreciated. Always a good idea to keep an eye out for snakes...I am sure a bird and a Chook would make quite a nice meal for them!

Googy Girl said...

i m with Lorrraine, the photo of chooky up the tree would have been a great shot, however i do love the photo's of the quilts on the farm implements

gorgeous quilts

Susan said...

Great work girls. Sounds like a good weekend.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous quilts...a little Chook told me there was Champagne!!!!

Grethe said...

Impressive of you two, glad to hear about the way to help in such a difficult fire.
Glad you did not get bitten by the awful black snakes!

Jen said...

HI! Jenny, The quilts you girls have done are lovely and displayed in the gum tree and on old farm machinery look beautiful very Australian . I have a header on my blog of a Koala it might be your friend Chooky!!

Sue said...

Love the pictures of the quilts in the tree, nice job with the quilts!