About Me- Bird on the Border

My Photo
I am so blessed to be a wife,mum and a grandma. Our wonderful son and his lovely wife have just had a daughter. My little family complete. My husband and I both work full time. We enjoy travelling, going in our caravan, dining out and spending time with friends and visiting our children whenever we can. Oh shouldn't forget "Tess" the spoilt black kelpie. I love anything country and Shabby Chic and I love patchwork and stitching and getting together with like minded ladies who love to do the same. Just wish I had time to do more. I love catching up with friends over a cup of coffee , and the smell of biscuits cooking in the oven on a rainy day. I enjoy keeping in touch with the many friends I have met through blogging and sharing our sewing and our lives on our blogs. I love going off on stitching retreats and quilting weekends with my quilting buddy and friends. And of course I love the birds in my garden. I also write the blog for our local quilt group Macintyre Quilters which you find on the side bar.

Saturday, 28 June 2014

Special Event Sewing

Making a Christening Bib for my granddaughter 




How to embellish ???



Finished !!   Hope they like it ...
Having fun at our favourite breakfast spot.
Now for the serious stuff!!  2 new bangles  one from Grandma  Jen  and one from Nanny Gail


Check out the pink boots. A little bit of country

I think they liked the bib....It was all too much for  her after her head was wet.

Emm's Family

Isn't it lovely when they cuddle you...



9 comments:

Show and Tell said...

Oh how special Jen, I love the pic of her asleep....Miss Molly did the very same thing at her christening...The bib is almost a beautiful as the recipient xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a lovely day Jen...beautiful photos and the bib is gorgeous....

Houseelf said...

Beautiful bib -a perfect future heirloom. The cake and ceremony look so pretty. Your grand daughter though is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing such a special day.

Janice said...

What a special day. It's lovely that you could contribute with something made with love.

Chookyblue...... said...

a beautiful bib for a beautiful girl.....

shez said...

Hi Jenny that bib is gorgeous you did an amazing job of it,and boy how gorgeous is Evelyn ,love all your family pics and what a beautiful day you all have had and that cake is stunning thankyou for sharing Evlyn's day with us Jenny.xx

Fiona@Dragonfly-Sewing said...

What a gorgeous bib Jen and beautiful photos of her special day :) loved the pink,boots xx

Denice Barker said...

Beautiful family! She's a lucky little girl. And the bib is just beautiful. What a special keepsake.

Too many eggs said...

Ohh the bib is just gorgeous, what a little sweetie she is..... Love the boots