Sunday 11 August 2019

Some Time in my Sewing Room

A couple of weeks ago I finished this sashiko project. I enjoyed doing this as it was quick to take shape and gave a lot of effect.  I used some fabric I bought in New Zealand for the border.


I have recently got a new sewing space and I am still fiddling and moving things around as I do. This quilt has pride of place now. My friend Denice ( Denice's Day) from Michigan hand made this for me and I am so appreciative to have it.  Every day I hope to have one more opportunity to meet up with her . Until then I just have to be content with blogging , email 
and Instagram.



This is the little project bag I made today and it too has a story.  A couple of years ago Penny from our "Staceys at the Gap" retreat gave me this little piece of indigenous inspired fabric cut into a lizard shape. Penny herself is a proud indigenous woman and a great quilter. Isn't he is so cute?  After ages of moving him from one spot to the other, I said no more. So here we are...

3 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny great post love your new runner and bag ,both beautiful projects ,well done my friend and I also hope you get the chance to meet Denice again,hope you have a lovely week Jenny xx

Denice Barker said...

You've been busy! I have never tried the sashiko and it looks great! The little lizard has a good story and you've honored Penny by finishing the project. The wall hanging has certainly been given pride of place! I do hope you and Bernie can come again someday. It would be wonderful beyond all.

Janice said...

I love your sashiko project. It is so effective in those colours, and quite a change from the traditional blue and white. Your little lizard project is cute too. It looks like you are getting settled into you new sewing space. You found the perfect spot to showcase the special quilt. Thanks for the little peek.