About Me- Bird on the Border

My photo
BIRD ON THE BORDER I am so blessed to be a wife,mum and a grandma of two. Our wonderful son and his lovely wife have two beautiful children. A beautiful little girl and a handsome little boy. My little family complete. My husband and I both work. He is full time and I work 3 days per week. We enjoy travelling, going in our caravan, dining out and spending time with friends and visiting our children whenever we can. Nothing like grand kids and cuddles. I love anything country and Shabby Chic and I love patchwork and stitching and getting together with like minded ladies who love to do the same. Just wish I had time to do more. I love catching up with friends over a cup of coffee , and the smell of biscuits cooking in the oven on a rainy day. I enjoy keeping in touch with the many friends I have met through blogging and sharing our sewing and our lives on our blogs. I love going off on stitching retreats and quilting weekends with my quilting buddy and friends. And of course I love the birds in my garden and none of them in a cage.

Friday, 17 January 2014

Vintage Cakes

At the end of the year we do a secret santa at work, the lovely "young" Kate gave me this beautiful "Vintage Cakes" cookbook so I thought I would try some.  

It is written by a Canadian lady and I must say I have never cooked a cake with so much butter or eggs in the cake and in the icing. 

 They were delicious though. The ingredients were a little different than we are used to but it contained some good cooking tips.

A double layer banana and wallnut  cake. Sorry- the lid of the cake dish squashed the top.
A Texas Sheet Cake - a very nice chocolate cake.

Remember the little jeans for Evelyn....Soooo cute.