Saturday 25 March 2017

Finished Already

So pleased to say I have finished my 2017  Girls Day in The Country project by Bonnie Sullivan .
I love this cute little sewing basket which used to be a bamboo steamer... 

I really love the fact that the base fabric was a piece of a 1930's quilt from America. Very old quilts are very difficult to get hold of here in Australia.  I hope on my America visit I get to see some.

While I was sewing the wool applique onto this I was thinking....

Who was snuggled under this quilt, where was it made?  What was the person like who made it.? Where did the fabrics come from??  May be you could even get DNA from it and find out?????


2 layers for storing sewing goodies  with a little wool lining.
Very cute lashing on the sides - not a cheap steamer
Lovely little saying
Inside the lid is a little pin cushion.

3 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Oh, my gosh, that is the cutes sewing basket! Stackable, small, vintage, it hits all notes.

Chookyblue...... said...

well done on your finish........

Susan said...

Well done - I am thinking of lining the baskets too....eventually!!