Sunday 6 January 2019

Why is it sometimes so very hard?


I think this is one on the hardest times of my life emotionally. My dad, Ray  has always been my rock, strong, powerful, inventive, giving, teaching, loving and protective.  Now it's our turn to do all that and more for him. Last week we had to admit him to an aged care home. On a respite basis at the moment but I have no doubt it will be permanent. His  health  and his ability to do day to day tasks independently is declining. His long term memory and ability to know his family is still fine but this is marred with some confusion and anxiety. He is 82 tomorrow. We will have cake!!  Life is not fair sometimes. Love you Dad!





4 comments:

Janice said...

Oh Jenny, I understand how you feel. It is so difficult to see someone's health and state of mind deteriorate. On the upside, we are so lucky to have aged care facilities there to look after people when it comes to that stage of life, and of course you will always be there for him. I wish you all the best during this transition and especially to your Mum. Enjoy the cake tomorrow.

Denice Barker said...

So sorry, Jenny. Thee's nothing we can say to make it different but know we are thinking of you all.

Helen said...

These are very difficult times....thoughts are with you.

Cheryll said...

It always sad to see the decline in loved ones... xox