Tuesday 7 March 2023

Sheffield

I’m so sorry for so many photos , some of you may not want to download them so if you don’t I will be back to normal blogging from about the 20th march .I’m using this as my travel blog until then . 

Oh boy today is like a blizzard here the wind is howling. They predict 55k/hr winds or 30 knots . I’m going to huddle in my van and read or sew. I just hate it when  the wind gets up like this. Apparently on the coast its really bad. Glad I’m inland.

I just had to compare the next two houses in the historic town of Ross before we left.

The old 

His,

The new Ha Ha its a wonder the council haven’t told them to take it away. It’s lovely , lots of work but so different . It is however on the outskirts of town.. Give it to them for creativity

Today we travelled to Sheffield to be ready for “ Steamfest” . It is a long weekend here.  The boys are going to volunteer for a couple of days. On the way we passed by Railton . So many topiary trees and many more I didn’t photograph.



Lots of trimming required I think 

The soldiers standing by the flagpole.


3 comments:

loulee said...

Tucked away in your van sounds good.
I for one am enjoying travelling with you, even if it is only a virtual tour.
The topiary looks good. Haha, the soldier on the end has been on parade for too long poor chap he's leaning on his mate.

kiwikid said...

The trees are all great.

Chookyblue...... said...

Those topiary's look cool but would have taken a lot of work over their time......