Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas Cooking and a Stitch or Two


 A few more little decorations finished- Annie Downs Pattern
Mini Brownie Cup Cakes- What a yummy recipe from this copy of  Family Circle


It's been a while since I have blogged Silly Season is upon us well me anyway.

What a busy week, Engagement parties, Christmas parties and pizza nights. We have had a full on week of family parties. It is always good catching up with everyone.  Our beautiful son was home .... Happy  me..... I am amazed and pleased that we have a very large and close extended family and many of them  make an extra effort to get together for celebrations. This time it was my nieces Engagement . 

Even if that means that every inch of floor space in my Mum's (74 yrs) house is covered with 18 people sleeping over. Ages ranging from 9 weeks to well you know my age . hmmmm.... What fun we all had reminiscing sharing a few drinks and lots of yummy food that mums always prepare. I think my mum is a super mum in the food department she made hot finger  food for 130 people for the party. Everybody loved it.

 We finished our weekend of celebration with a pizza night with the 25  of us who were still here. All the toppings are out and every body makes their own and then cooks them in our wood fired oven. A great way to feed lots of people ,the young ones love it.






2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely ornaments............glad you have been having a lovely time with lots of different celebrations.........

Cardygirl said...

Great pockets!