Sunday 9 September 2012

Bikes and Boots


While my year 12 Christmas present was a sewing machine the rest of my family, my sister and 2 brothers received motocross bikes. While we all grew up riding bikes around the paddock on weekends but they also rode motocross. 

My sister (52) and my brother (40) both still ride regularly at  local club meets. I think this is amazing. I think she is amazing and I love her to bits.... All of their children now ride as well. 

2 weekends ago I went out to the track to watch them. I hadn't done that for a while. Dad's recovering from knee surgery so I took him out for the day to get him out of the house for a while. A bit of dust and sunshine is good for you I guess!  After a big day at the track we had some visitors call by to tell their stories and have some dinner.

I just had to take this photo. I looked out from my door and this is what I could see 2 lines one each side of the doorway. Hmmm..... nieces and nephews , who owns what here?  ?





  


They are off 

Track stewards - they take turns 


Getting a little air 


My nephew

The surrounds


Get ready 

My sister






She gets ready 
My brother - he looks after the track and rides


Back to sewing next week !  

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

to stressful for me at time at out little farm track.........let alone this............

Shiralee Stitches said...

Oh wow, my son would love that track to ride around.....we have both bikes and horses, so lots of boots (some with spurs), and some whips and halters in our doorways all the time......glad you had a nice day....