Tuesday 25 September 2012

Stitchers Dream Day Out 2012

2 weekends ago my stitching buddy Gail and 2 more friends from our group Jo and Margie went to Toowoomba to "Stitchers Dream Day Out" run by Marion at "Quilters Angel" at Highfields. It is a most wonderful day. The designers were Natalie Bird of Birdhouse, Gail Pan of Gail Pan designs and Nikki Tervo from Nikki Tervo Designs and Brandy Gully Patterns . We had a blast. My bag of goodies included the cup bag and a little stitching purse designed by Natalie Bird. But of course I bought fabric and accessories for all 3 designer's projects...... naughty me.

Some of us went for tea after and met up with Marion and her crew. She is always so welcoming. Nikki and Gail Pan were there and we told some stories and laughed a lot. Nikki ended up driving my Gail, Gail Pan, Di  and I home . I think Di was from Melbourne. So we all then went to our room and ate chocolate and told more stories stitched and laughed. What a great night.  Nikki, Gail and Natalie were all so lovely and so talented. Now all I have to do is make all of their projects........

Natalie Bird's design that I am making.


I love this quilt by Gail Pan.

Gail, Jo,myself and Margie

The theme was Past Times.....
Well from stitching  heaven to wine heaven  Mr Bird and I have been enjoyed  a few days away at Mudgee....Food....mmmm.....wine......mmmm..




Just had to taste !

Love wine barrels but couldn't take it home...

High Valley Cheese factory ...

On the way at Dunnedoo

A little nostalgia at Coonabarabran 

Add caption

Beautiful PArk at Dunnedoo

Mr Bird at Lowe winery
Enjoy the pics

3 comments:

Shiralee Stitches said...

Wish I were there drinking wine with you, Jenny, would remind me of happy times together at Nundle....bring on next March!!!....lol.....glad you had a great time at the Stitchers Day....lovely photos....enjoy your break away......

Susan said...

The Stitchers Day looks like so much fun, and gorgeous projects. I love living in Mudgee, but I must admit I don't go to the wineries as much as when we were new to town. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you were south of the border and didn't tell me.............

Stitchers Dream Day out sounds wonderful..........