Sunday 6 January 2013

Little Things


Today I found some time in my sewing room, over Christmas it had become the general storage area.  Today I reclaimed it. Although I have lots of UFO's I could have worked on I decided to make a thread catcher as in Chooky's stitch along. I had some cute fabric just made for the job!



cute fabric




Then I got on and finished this little cup bag by Natalie Bird from the Stitchers Dream Day out in Toowoomba Last September. I ended up giving away the first little bits and bobs bag to our lovely Emma to begin her sewing journey so I thought I should make another to match the cup bag.....and then use the scraps to make a patched thread catcher...  Overall a cute little set.  I just love matching sets. 





Then matching fever just got me and I had to make another little stitching purse to match the cute thread catcher............


 It was just fun playing around....



Today I spare a thought and say a prayer for all our friends needing rain for drought or fires ......
http://birdontheborder.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/stitchers-dream-day-out-2012.html

8 comments:

Susan said...

Such cute little sets. It's nice to make something quick and easy....I think everyone has at least one thread catcher now.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like you are having fun..wonderful sets...and they thread catches are fun to make..

Chookyblue...... said...

so are you going to join the SAL??? great matchy sewing goodies........I like matchy too........

Chookyblue...... said...

so are you going to join the SAL??? great matchy sewing goodies........I like matchy too........

Kerry @ Cottage on the Hill said...

What a fun day you had, love the matching sets

Googy Girl said...

So cute, love your sets

lot's of thread catchers happening in blog land, chooky has created a thread catching frenzy....lol

Anonymous said...

Great finishes Jenny

Grethe said...

Lovely thread catcher, and purses. Good luck with the Donna`s SAL:-)