About Me- Bird on the Border

My Photo
I am so blessed to be a wife,mum and a grandma. Our wonderful son and his lovely wife have just had a daughter. My little family complete. My husband and I both work full time. We enjoy travelling, going in our caravan, dining out and spending time with friends and visiting our children whenever we can. Oh shouldn't forget "Tess" the spoilt black kelpie. I love anything country and Shabby Chic and I love patchwork and stitching and getting together with like minded ladies who love to do the same. Just wish I had time to do more. I love catching up with friends over a cup of coffee , and the smell of biscuits cooking in the oven on a rainy day. I enjoy keeping in touch with the many friends I have met through blogging and sharing our sewing and our lives on our blogs. I love going off on stitching retreats and quilting weekends with my quilting buddy and friends. And of course I love the birds in my garden. I also write the blog for our local quilt group Macintyre Quilters which you find on the side bar.

Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Love to Finish


I dont know why it's so hard to get back into things after being on holidays.

I have spent 3 weekends in a row away and 2 of those  sewing and one wining and dining in the Hunter Valley. How lucky am I . Never a dull day in this house.

Let me start with a beautiful weekend at a fantastic retreat location "Stacey's at the Gap". All weekend sewing with friends and catching up on UFO's.  You will find it on line if you want a nice place to go. Its not far from Warwick or Brisbane.

SEWING AT STACEY's AT THE GAP

Some books for our grand daughter- got these at a little patchwork shop at Coolah


Finish number one - fabric given to me by a Margie C a few Christmas's ago


Proof I am sewing

A baby quilt finished with just the bind to go



Safari quilt finished- designed , sewn and quilted by me .....Ta Da...
Made this for my Dad, he had a tear in his eye when he got it. .  I think he liked it. He loves African Animals. I started this quilt at Stacey's Stacey's at the Gap last year, quilted it there this year and the binding and label was finished at the Chookshed.
A baby quilt  all done except for the bind.  Isabell gave me this lovely baby fabric for Christmas.

A stitchery designed by Rosalie Quinlan .  Now a lovely cushion.
Lots of finishes...Yeah!

SEWING AT THE CHOOKSHED


I had this lovely tea cup and plate that belongs in my sewing basket....lovely Chooky gave me the Cofee mug and a couple of spares to match...thank you 

This is a beautiful and quirky sewing music box..My lovely sister found this for me a few weeks ago. I got it when I got home from the Chookshed.
Its so cute..open the drawer and all parts move and it plays music as well.


I worked on completing this dresden plate quilt . I started it at Kerry's " Cottage on the Hill" last year.  Nearly finished it at the Chookshed.

Good friends and food at the sewing weekend at the Chookshed




My lovely hubby  made ice cream while I was sewing ...YUM.. easy as condensed milk ,cream and fruit from Nigella Lawson

6 comments:

shez said...

lovely post Jenny,you sure have been busy.xx

Susan said...

Two retreats, lucky you. Great to get a few things finished. Love the Dresden.

Chookyblue...... said...

you sure did have a couple of good weekends.........was so nice to have you visiting for the chookshed birthday party.........

Show and Tell said...

You have been a busy birdie....That icecream looks delicious Jen x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What an a wonderfyl life you lead....great post Jen

Fiona@Dragonfly-Sewing said...

Love what you've been sewing lately and looks like a great time was had in Chook Shed