Sunday 29 January 2017

Garden Progress

After the pool and the extension things were a bit" construction site" looking but now the garden is getting back to life. I don't know how with the huge number of 40 degree plus days we have had and next week expecting more.

This has been a terrific investment for us I use it every day.

This has come from nothing to this since July . Even the Agapanthus which I transplanted from my mums garden have all thrived and flowered. Sorry about the dead palm leaves but they will be gone soon. We have even had a snake drinking out of the bird bath on one of  hot days . Its the first time I have ever seen that in my life and I have seen quite a few snakes. A big eastern brown standing up straight as a stick drinking out of it. Needless to say I left him alone until he went off into the paddock.

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

The garden is looking great.... I think I am going to lose quiet a few aggies......some are so burnt from the sun.. I thought they might survive but with the next week's forecast they are all going to die.......

Chookyblue...... said...

The garden had grown heaps........ I think I will lose lots of aggies and maybe a few other things....... The heat had burnt some and with the next week coming being so extreme I think week finish them off......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous garden 💖

creations.1 said...

Oh... how nice does that pool look - 40 degrees+ here for the next few day - bit of a reprieve at the end of the week tho. Your garden is lovely and has really taken off well!

Denice Barker said...

I don't know celsius but I'm guessing 40 degrees is HOT! I can understand using your pool everyday. It's a beautiful setting you've created.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It looks wonderful. We have had one for over 30 years and it still gets a good work out. The garden looks lovely....not a fan of the slitheries but I guess they need a drink too!

Jo said...

Your pool looks great and a good investment in our climate i think. Wow that would have been interesting... and scary for me, seeing the snake drinking out of the bird bath.