Thursday 1 March 2018

Foxley Village Ready to Quilt

Finally this beautiful quilt top is finished and ready for quilting.
It had been a journey that I planned to take one year but it has taken two. The ladies in my sewing group decided we would all undertake one of these for our 2016  project.  The quilt is by Natalie Bird and it was featured as a block of the month in Homespun. Natalie used Tilda fabrics.. I love Tilda ..so cute..I think I have used 95% Tilda for this.

I used the needle turn technique to applique , I am getting better at it now and I think I prefer it to using the blanket stitch technique.

I made one change to Natalie's lovely quilt.  The border really wasn't for me so I chose a plain white border.  So happy to have the top done.

3 comments:

Denice Barker said...

This is a really, really, really pretty quilt, and look at you! A needle turn convert!! You were right to keep the border white and plain. It gives the quilt the center stage. Well done!!

Janice said...

Just beautiful.

Chookyblue...... said...

Woohoo..... It looks great Jenny ..... Bring to SS for show and tell ....