Saturday 22 December 2012

Home at Last



Today is the best day , Dad was released from hospital yesterday. Against all odds he is home with us for Christmas. We are so blessed.  Don't mind his red non slip socks. I told him they were his Christmas socks. This is all I wanted for Christmas. 



My beautiful and tough Dad. Enjoying his first breakfast at home after his hospital stay.


To all those families who will have their loved ones in hospital over Christmas and for long periods of time I wish you all best.

I felt a sad hole in my stomach when we left Ray, Scott and David "W"  at the hospital still looking after their  lovely mum/wife when we took our dad home .  

After 4 weeks walking the halls together  in a Brisbane hospital  we became friends with the "W" family.  Two families from the country, both lost souls in the city without our open space, gardens, animals and birds. We somehow attracted when we found my nephew was a friend of one of the "W" boys.

 Mrs "W" even travelled back to Toowoomba in the same ambulance as our Dad.
Unfortunately Mrs 'W" can't go home for Christmas. I feel so sad for them and send prayers and hugs.







5 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Jen..so very pleased you have your Dad home with you...your family must be so very very happy.....My darling MIL is now a long term patient in hospital she has dementia and it is so very sad, I an so pleased we organized the last big family breakfast for her last year, it has not been a good year...

Susan said...

That is such good Christmas news for you. Enjoy your family Christmas.

Chookyblue...... said...

Jen that is just the best news...........have a wonderful Christmas..........

Shiralee Stitches said...

Great news, Jenny........I am a little slow at checking out the blogs.......so you will have already enjoyed Christmas Day by now.....I hope your Dad continues to gain strength.......

Anonymous said...

Now that would have been the best christmas present of all :)