Sunday 25 January 2015

Quilt Group Challenge and my New Sewing Machine

My lovely husband gave me a wonderful Christmas present. A new sewing machine. A Janome  Horizon MC 8900 QCP.

I have been busting to try it. Yesterday I finally cleared all the house from the new carpet being laid and found time to make a small project. 

Our quilt group had a quilt challenge and as usual I am running late but I will have it done by our Feb meeting. I received some cute  colourful fabric so I am going to do a fun set with  it.  All my school needs. Started with a glasses case. 



The fabric I drew from the basket ( 4 fat quarters in a bundle and wrapped) and then I can  use one metre of a fabric of my choice.



My inspiration -  an  Anni Downs project



Ta da !!!  First little project .. Love those spring openings.   







My new sewing machine ...so lucky to have a beautiful husband who knows I love sewing and loves me.





My sewing room also received a makeover during my carpet renew I dedicated a new cupboard to the sewing room .. heaps more storage...might keep me organised ..LOL...









2 comments:

Susan said...

Exciting....he will be in the good books! Your sewing room looks great, lovely light. I love those spring clips too, so easy to use in great little projects like yours.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad the carpet is done.......have fun with the new machine.......lucky girl......