Sunday 11 October 2015

Nature's Journey Quilt Top Done



I am so happy my quilt top is done!  I have put a full weekend in sewing to get it done. 

This is my first fully completed Anni Downs quilt. Thank you Chooky  for the "StitchAlong"(SAL)  and Susan for helping.  

I know it would not have been done unless I had deadlines to meet. 

It's also good to know you are not doing it on your own.  

I am not sure when it will be quilted soon..... I hope.

Some pictures of my journey....

Just the quilting to go.


The beginning
Preparing  the blocks
Making use of my 1  1/2
inch squares
More blocks


Love this block
The centre panel base
What will it look like 

Sign its name 

The centre panel
All those squares on point stitched on.
Looking out my window..

Putting it together

Really happy with the result ..still to decide on colour of the vase.

Ready for the final border
Last border on ..chose grey for the vase.......IT'S   FIINISHED








































2 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations, it's a lovely finish. I really like the blue greys you chose.

Janice said...

Well done. It turned out beautifully. I love your colour selections and the fact that you used some of Anni's fabrics.