Saturday 17 September 2022

Christmas Quilt Flimsy Done

 I was determined to have a Christmas quilt finished for Christmas this year. I'm almost there the top is done. I decided to do this one using blanket stitch applique because it's just a lot faster for me. Some was done while travelling in the car so don't look too hard. Now I have to be determined enough to quilt it myself before Christmas .

It's  a Michelle Ridgeway design called " A Holly Cottage Christmas" with one block changed to add a Santa.

On my design wall waiting to be quilted 

I added a bit of poetic license here and added a Santa instead of a bird I think.


May have left a few flowers off the cottage as well . I think I was going back to do it and got too excited about piecing it. Oh well I can still do it.



I



9 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Love it, Jenny! I ALWAYS change things when I use a pattern for a quilt. I want to make it mine, so don't follow any pattern exactly.

Raewyn said...

It's so nice to see your completed quilt top Jenny. The Santa is a cute addition. Good luck for yur quilting goals and getting it completed before Christmas!

loulee said...

A lovely quilt top, and of course a Christmas quilt needs a Santa. You have plenty of time to get it quilted.

Fiona said...

I love Michelles Holly Cottage... well done finishing your version.... ready for Christmas this year?
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck Jenny. It looks great I'm sure you will get it quilted......

kiwikid said...

Lovely quilt Jenny, always good to put your own spin on a quilt.

Janice said...

I’m sure you will get it done in time. So nice to have a Christmas quilt.

Lianne makes stuff said...

That is lovely

Susan said...

It looks great - I'm sure Michelle would be OK with your poetic license - we all do it...well most of us!