Saturday 10 June 2023

Having a go..my first quilt attempt

I have been playing on my Qnique 16+elite by Grace Company. I have now practiced on an old UFO and on a baby quilt. The old UFO is just for me but the quilt is for my nephew and his wife but I’m sure they won’t mind a less than perfect item because they know it’s made with love.

I have just done some simple stippling but it’s not even as yet, more practice needed. I am enjoying learning all about it though. A long way to go .






Teddy bears traded for Aussie animals 

Love the quokkas, such cute little animals 

I got the pattern in Tasmania



























7 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I think you are going to love this!

Chookyblue...... said...

you did great Jenny......

Susan said...

Love the quilt - and it will only get better with practice...much easier than a domestic machine I am sure.

loulee said...

How very exciting. Lovely set up and yes, practice will make things easier and smoother. You are going great.

dq said...

Night Night Sleep Tight is wonderful! Retirement looks good in your sewing room. Your new toy must be so fun! It does take practice for sure.
P.S. I can still hear the sound of your voice and enjoyed our sweet visits in Barodine!

Gail said...

Love that Aussie Animal quilt! So adorable and just right for a little Aussie! Good luck with the quilting-I hear it takes practice!

Janice said...

You got started much quicker than me. You’re going so well. Have fun playing. I just love the quilt pattern.