Thursday 1 February 2024

Friendship Drawstring Bag `Hatched and Patched’

 Chookshed Stitchers challenge 1 done and dusted. It’s amazing how we get things done when there is a challenge laid down. Just helps the motivation. Thanks Deana and Donna. I hope Annie doesn’t mind but I changed out the back bag fabric for another piece of Annie’s fabric that I love.

I was actually working on 2 projects this month, I now have finished the top of a crazy quilt (for a new baby gift) and have it on my quilting frame. 

When my grandchildren were born we had a baby shower and asked everyone to bring a fat quarter- well the variety of fabric you receive is crazy. Enough to send a quilter mad unless you love crazy quilts where you pick each piece out of a bag no matter whether it matches or not. That’s really not me. I am a bit of a ‘matching’ person. 

I then cut and laminated a scrap of each fabric and put the name of the contributor on it , place it in a little bag for the future. Even 10 years on my grandchildren look at and match their fabrics to their quilt. It’s amazing to see which people are still in their lives 10 years on. 

Friendship Drawstring Bag

A trip down memory lane my 2 completed  scrub stitching projects and the zip pouch is a copy of what I gave in the present swap. I’ll be all bagged up for this years trip.

The crazy baby quilt on the frame…today's job 




7 comments:

dq said...

Yay, Jenny! I was watching for the post knowing you were pretty close on your Scrub Stitchin' bag. Six of us finished in January. I think that is pretty darn cool!

Yay, you got your crazy baby quilt together and have t ready to quilt!

Susan said...

I love the idea of people bringing fabrics for a quilt . . . .kind of glad I didnt know about it when the grandchildren were coming. . .but still a good idea.

good job on the bag.

Denice Barker said...

You made good use of the scrappy crazy quilt and you're right in looking at the different fabrics there is everything there from soup to nuts.

Love the bags! And yes, challenges are good for moving us along. I am stalking Deana's blog to see what our next number will be!

Lianne makes stuff said...

Your bags look lovely akk together, I love the crazy quilt I'm sure the recipient will too

loulee said...

Lovely to see your collection of bags. A finish is a great way to start the year.
It is interesting to see how many different fabrics can come together to create a cute quilt. Have fun quilting.

Janice said...

Good job on your bag. The challenge was a great way for us all to have the bag completed before this year's Scrub Stitchin'. You've done well to use the fat quarters and the black and white border is ideal.

Chookyblue...... said...

well done Jenny on getting your project completed.........great to see the pic with them all together......