Monday, 27 July 2026

Retreat Loxton Lodge Inverell

 This is the second ' year our little Goondiwindi group have been to  Loxton Lodge Inverell for retreat. It was a very cold weekend but the Lodge was cozy inside. Cold nights and mornings but beautiful sunny days.This is a very well set up retreat venue. We are booked for next year. 

Gail has been intent on getting through her stash so she worked on a couple of simple quilts. I think the colours made them special. 2 down plenty to go. 

Gail and Jo studying the quilt. 

' /


I was trying out the “Rapid Fire Hunters Star “ ruler. I chose Gingham from spotlight. Peg made a quilt last year that inspired me. It was a slightly different way of doing Hunters Star than the one I chose. 


Making the stars

1/4 of block
I am happy! 

Probably should have cropped my shoes… but they do match the block  ha ha !

Jo made Christmas trees and houses and more trees 


Marg made a colour wash heart. 

.

6 comments:

loulee said...

Gails quilts may have a simple construction, but they are certainly eye catching. Sometimes, simple is best. I love your stars, very bright and pretty. Looks like you ladies had a great retreat.

Janice said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time at your retreat. Gail’s quilts are great. I do like the way you made the Hunter Star block. It is turning out to be a bright fun quilt. I hope you’ll bring it to Baradine.

Jo said...

How fun to be away on retreat. There were some lovely projects being worked on. Good job with the hunters star

Ma Betty said...

The Hunter's Star looks interesting. What fun!

Denice Barker said...

Lots of work going on! I love gingham so your quilt project speaks to me

Susan said...

Love those star blocks Jenny.
The gingham looks good.
One of the pictures looks like there was a dress code....wear stripes!