Monday 4 April 2016

Memories








Today being another year older I decided to get Bern to put this piece of my past onto my sewing table. This ruler was on the counter in a shop where I served fabric . I started in year 10 and worked there in til I finished teachers college. A few years ago that drapery , men's store ,women's store everything store was closed . A real shame for our town. "Coorey's " was a very popular store . Any way a friend of mine bought the half the fabric counter for her sewing room and she had 2 rulers as it was a very long counter. She kindly gave me one of the rulers. 

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

How very special...... Happy birthday..... Did he cook you dinner to or take you out?

Anonymous said...

great idea Jenny,happy birthday my friend xx

Janice said...

WhAt a treasure to have on your sewing table I think we can all remember the tables in drapery stores and the brass rulers. It is a shame, but a sign of the times that the stores no longer exist.

Susan said...

Very special - a lovely idea and lucky you could get it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a great idea ..... Those sort of shops were amazing.... Shame most are closed now ...💖💖💖💖💖