Wednesday 15 November 2023

Paused for my back

From one set back to another - on November 7 (Melbourne Cup Day) I had surgey on my back to fuse L 4 and L5 vertebrae together to free my nerves to my legs which were being constantly squashed by arthritic degeneration and build up of boney growhhs. I'm now in my second week of recovery and currently in the Mater Private Hospital rehabilitation centre in Brisbane. I wasn't planning on being here this long but looks I'll be here until next Thursday /Friday. It's better every day but there is an issue with it bleeding. so until the little leak has stopped I'm stuck here. They will not risk infection. Also my left leg isn't doing so well and needs strength build up. The rehab centre here is very good and the staff are wonderful and kind. But " it is what it is " as they say. I'm just hoping for an early mark. Recently I started a group of stitcheries by Nikki Tervo about "Christmas Mice." I am trying hard to get into it but maybe tomorrow. I have done a couple now for thr third. Im sorry to be out of the loop a bit but I will be back once i feel better. I may not be commenting but I am watching.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hang in there - sounds like a slower than planned recovery - but you will get there!

Janice said...

That is a bit of a setback. Finger crossed that things start to improve soon and you get that wished for early mark. They are cute little stitcheries. I hope you feel like making progress soon. Sending hugs.

Denice Barker said...

Sending hugs

loulee said...

It's great that they are taking good care of you. Just think of it as more time to sew. Take care of you and mend.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful stitcheries Jenny - take your time to recover and enjoy the help on hand.