Friday 23 February 2024

A Meeting with Tilda 25th Jubilee

What a great day. The Tilda Jubilee Celebration was held at the Brisbane Convention Centre on the 17th Feb.  It was a very enjoyable event on many levels. Our tickets included a Talk by Norwegian artist, Tone Finnanger . She spoke about her journey as an art student, toy and quilt designer and eventually a fabric designer. She is one very talented and humble lady. 

The day was hosted by 2 Green Zebras, the distributors of Tilda in Australia. We had morning tea, lunch and shopping.  The food was quality but the shopping squashy but that was to be expected when there was so many people. (600 or so )

Tilda is colourful, whimsical, coordinated and  environmentally  friendly. It just makes me happy to look at it! 

Did I buy some fabric .. Of course 
Did I buy some kits for cushions and bags ... of course. 
Will I be swapping out one of my Chookshed Stitchers challenges for a Tilda Challenge ..of course OR may be I just add another one if that's not OK .  I will have to check up with the boss.

TONE  FINNANGER  ( Norway) Tilda designer and owner

Tone , her partner and 2 Green Zebras owners



Tone was very generous with her time and happy to meet everyone 




This is the one I would like to make


Line up ladies


Look who I found at the Tilda Jubilee .  Fiona , Marilyn and Shez 
 








5 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Looks like fun ad I would probably have had to buy something, too, even though I am on a fabric fast. I like the circle one hanging over the bed with a leaf on it.

Janice said...

What a wonderful experience. I’m sure you will make something lovely with your purchases.

loulee said...

Looks like a fun day out.

kiwikid said...

Great day out for you all, lots of beautiful fabric there.

Sharm said...

How exciting!!!! And with soooo many people there its a wonder you found anyone! As for swapping projects on the challenge - Go for it! Nothing is fixed, its all very loose lol I can't wait to see all your goodies