Tuesday 6 February 2024

Shared Scrappy Quilt Finished.

 This past weekend I finished the baby quilt Bernie wanted me to make for his co-worker, Tegan . 

The baby boy, “Charlie “ arrived before I finished so his name was added. 

I have a love hate relationship with these scrappy quilts. It is a simple pattern but what  stresses me is organising all of the fabrics and choosing a border but I do like the finished result and the idea of all the friends contributing . 

I used my quilting machine to quilt it. It’s very basic and not that good but I’m still learning and she was happy with that.





I quickly learnt to check the back sooner rather than later as I had forgotten to do 2 petals . Ooops!


7 comments:

dq said...

Yay, Jenny! It is a wonderful finish! I really love the name in the lower corner as it makes it so personal.

You shouldn't stress about fabric placement because you are good at it.

kiwikid said...

It looks wonderful Jenny, the quilting is fine! Great to have the name on the quilt.

Janice said...

Charlie’s quilt turned out really well. You should be very pleased with what you created from such a variety of fabrics and your quilting looks great.

Denice Barker said...

It's great, Jenny! It's an I Spy and his name makes it really special

Susan said...

I think this is such a lovely idea...the quilt turned out really well and very kind of Charlie to arrive so you could add his name.

loulee said...

A lovely finish Jenny. I'm sure it will be cherished.

Chookyblue...... said...

done great Jenny...........