Monday 20 May 2024

Stitching with Susan

 It was very special to be invited to stay over at  Susan Oh to Sew's house  to join one of her stitching groups for the morning. While I was there Susan showed me how to make a kiwi bird block with foundation piecing. It was the first time I have ever done that technique. Thank you Susan.

This was totally the best timing since the Chookshed Stitchers Challenge is to work on my New Zealand Quilt. I have no idea what I am doing but this little bird will be in it.I visited New Zealand and bought some fabric there to make into a quilt. So now is the time.

In the process.  The colour isn't true though, it was a lovely green background.

Mine is on the left and Susan's on the right, mine has no legs yet.

NEW ZEALAND  QUILT 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to see all the kiwi being made. I designed it after my trip to NZ last November. Cheers, Louise

Ps, be careful, they are addictive….soon you will have a flock!

loulee said...

Cute kiwi bird. I'm sure you will figure out what to do with him. Maybe now that you see how easy it is you will make some more?

kiwikid said...

Great Kiwi blocks Jenny, lovely to spend time with Susan.

Cheryll said...

NiCe job... he looks fantastic. Well done to you and to Susan...xox

Susan said...

You did a great job!

Chookyblue...... said...

They are cute...... If you don't use it in the front by it would be cute in the label..... .

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh and how nice to stay with Susan