Thursday 29 February 2024

Call of the Wild



I do love this bear quilt panel. Thanks to whoever suggested the bear paw block. I’m not a fan of points but I managing these slowly .  I’m not quite done with the challenge of the month so may be it will get finished  over the weekend coming up.This is my Chookshed Stitchers February Challenge to date. I’m planning on placing the same locks down each side . What do you think ? Or do I put a black or grey square in each corner and fill in with bear paw blocks.? Open to ideas to consider.





8 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I love the bear paws just on the top and bottom otherwise they are going to take over that beautiful panel. Flying geese on the sides? Trees?

Janice said...

That is looking so good. I’m glad you’ve kept the colour palette neutral

loulee said...

That is looking so good.

kiwikid said...

That looks fantastic Jenny, well done. I guess it depends on how wide you want the quilt - I am thinking more paw blocks. Maybe smaller ones?

Susan said...

mmm...dilemma...how big are the bear paws blocks?
I think you could do them all round.

Susan said...

and I meant to add - love the selvedge..!!!

dq said...

Sorry to be so slow dropping by. It is the end of the term - you haven't forgotten how busy that is, have you? Wishing I were retired too.
You ended up making "the right choice" on your border.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hmmmm I'm so behind so I go see what you decided..... Depends on the size of the quilt at this stage for me...... Looks great..... Perfect block for the panel.....